Liverpool is one of the most popular destinations in the UK for city breaks. The city is famous for its nightlife and also offers a wealth of daytime attractions. From shopping to museums, food and drink to art and culture, there’s something for everyone. Liverpool is famous for the warmth, humour and hospitality of its people. After all, they have a range of legendary pubs and clubs. The largest collection of museums and galleries in the UK outside London. And more shops of all kinds than you can shake a stick at.
Whether you are a fan of culture, history, music, sports or shopping, you will find something to suit your taste and budget in this amazing city. Here are some of the top attractions and activities to enjoy in Liverpool:
* Visit the Liverpool Cathedral, the largest cathedral in Britain and one of the most impressive landmarks in the city. You can admire the stunning architecture, climb the tower for panoramic views, or join a guided tour to learn more about its history and features.
* Experience the Beatles Story, the world's largest permanent exhibition dedicated to the Fab Four. You can explore their journey from childhood to fame, see authentic memorabilia, and discover how they influenced music and culture.
* Explore the Royal Albert Dock, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that offers a range of attractions, restaurants, bars and shops. You can visit the **Tate Liverpool** for modern art, the **Merseyside Maritime Museum** for nautical history, or the **Liverpool Mountain** for a colourful sculpture .
* Enjoy a City Tour on an open-top bus or a bike and see the highlights of Liverpool. You can hop on and off at your convenience, or join a themed tour such as the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour, the Liverpool Ghost Walking Tour, or the Reel Tours: Liverpool Film Location Walking Tour.
* Shop till you drop at Liverpool ONE, a huge shopping complex that offers over 170 stores, from high-street brands to designer labels. You can also find a cinema, a mini-golf course, and plenty of dining options.
The Cavern Club – The World Famous Cavern. Home of The Beatles – More Info
Roxy Ballroom – Games, Music, Craft Beer & Food – More Info
Liverpool One – Liverpool’s premier shopping and leisure complex – More Info
Hot Water Comedy Club – Liverpool’s Hottest Comedy Club – More Info
Empire Theatre – Opened in 1925, the largest 2-tier auditorium in the UK – More Info
Anfield Stadium Tour – Explore Liverpool Football Club – More Info
Everton Stadium Tour – Explore Everton Football Club – More Info
Walker Art Gallery – National Gallery of The North – More Info
Tate Liverpool Gallery – Art Gallery & Museum – More Info
Royal Liver Building & 3 Graces – The 3 Graces consist of The Royal Liver Building, Cunard Building & Port Of Liverpool – More Info
St George’s Hall – Beautiful Grade 2 listed building in the heart of Liverpool’s Georgian Quarter – More Info
Speke Hall & Gardens – Estate built in 1530 with stunning gardens – More Info
World Museum Liverpool – FREE Admission to An Amazing Museum – More Info
Maritime Museum – Discover the Maritime History of Liverpool – More Info
Titanic Memorial – Memorial dedicated to the heroes of the marine engine room, located on Liverpool’s Pier Head – More Info
Royal Albert Dock – Liverpool’s iconic Albert Dock. Home to leisure and retail spaces – More Info
The Beatles Story – Discover The Story of The Beatles – More Info
M&S Bank Arena – Indoor Venue for Music, Sports & Events – More Info
Ferry Across the Mersey – Take a Trip Across the River Mersey – More Info
Sefton Park – Take a Stroll Around Beautiful Sefton Park – More Info
Croxteth Hall & Country Park – Stunning manor house, formally home to the Earl of Sefton – More Info
Birkenhead Park – Opened in 1847, Birkenhead Park was the inspiration for New York’s Central Park – More Info
Aintree Racecourse – Not just home to the Grand National, Aintree Racecourse hosts many events all year round – More Info
Farmer Teds Adventure Farm – Amazing indoor & outdoor adventure family fun – More Info
Chinatown – Liverpool is home to one Europe’s oldest and largest Chinese communities – More Info
British Music Experience – Discover the history of British Rock & Pop music – More Info
St John’s Beacon (Radio City Tower) – Home to Radio City and Liverpool’s premier 360 viewing platform – More Info
Chester Zoo – One of the UK’s largest zoos with over 21,00 animals – More Info
Knowsley Safari Park – Take a stunning 5 mile drive and see a huge variety of animals up close – More Info